Friday 10 May 2013

Rock Star Red

This had to be a quick card - my son only told me at 9pm last night that it had been his friend's birthday yesterday!  As his friend plays the electric guitar it was an ideal opportunity to test out my first Ebay purchase: Inkadinkado Rock Star stamps. A card I'd seen recently in red, black & kraft was the inspiration for the colour theme.


I started with the main image, which was stamped in Pearlescent Poppy Brilliance Ink then embossed.  The embossing was a bit uneven but as I planned to make the card quite grungy I decided to just go with it and sponged round the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink:


The background was a combination of more stamps from the Inkadinkado set, and stars sponged through a mask, all with Pearlescent Poppy again which I discovered isn't pearlescent on kraft cardstock!  The greeting was created in Craft Artist 2 Professional using Retro Rock Poster font.

Cardstock: Papermania Kraft, Xerox Colotech 300gsm, black from stash
Inks: Pearlescent Poppy Brilliance, Distress Black Soot
Embossing Powder: Papermania
Mask: maker unknown






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.