Monday 6 May 2013

Seahorse Sponging

Another card for my sister, whose birthday it was a couple of days ago. Seahorses and aqua colours are two of her favourite things so I combined them in this project, which is also inspired by Heather Telford's amazing sponging work.  If you've never seen her blog, it's well worth a visit.


The seahorse is a brass stencil which I sponged through using two colours of Versamagic inks.  I then inked round the edges of the main image with the darker ink.



The frame was cut using Nestabilities then I clear embossed some Inkylicious sea-themed stamps round it and sponged over the top, carefully dabbing away the excess over the embossed images because the Versamagic takes some time to dry and I didn't want to take too much away.


Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus 300gsm
Stamps: Inkylicious Seascape Memories
Inks: Tsukineko Versamagic Aquatic Splash & Ocean Depth


2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Helen, I love the seahorse and the colours and beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.