Saturday 4 January 2014

Fabulous 50

My sister asked me to make a card for a good friend of hers, a lovely lady who was my son's Year 6 teacher. She's very feminine so I took the opportunity to make a variation on a dress card I've seen a few times on the internet, using some papers I've had in my stash for ages.

I got the template from here, using old-fashioned tracing methods & cutting out by hand. I used my Wink of Stella on the bodice (although you can't see it on any of the photos, unfortunately) and found some matching ribbon in my stash. 
The ribbon buckle is from Meiflower and that was the only tricky part of the card, because the skirt sticks out so I found it difficult to get the buckle to lie flat. The greeting was created in Craft Artist 2 Professional then cut from a modified Spellbinders tag die.



A normal envelope wouldn't do for this, of course, so I made my own, decorated with matching papers:
Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus
Papers: Cart-Us Romantic Flowers

I've never participated in a blog link party before but there's a first time for everything, so I'm taking part here.




5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, lovely papers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt & buckle really finishes off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with these papers, to make the dress :D Thanks for joining in my Creative Friday Link Party :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour scheme and such a lovely, feminine card. This is my first link party too! Happy New Year, Dips xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous dress and pretty papers and love the matching envelope very feminine card
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.