Sunday 9 February 2014

And this is . . .

. . . a Valentine's card for my husband. At least, that's what I intended it to be but now it's finished I'm not so sure - it's a bit too girly for him so I might have to think again.

Anyway, this was inspired by the challenge over at CASology where the cue card is "And". I racked my brains for a while & as my husband often bursts into song when prompted by something we say (and they're usually songs from the 70s/80s) I eventually thought of Luther Vandross' song "Always & Forever". I've also decided to enter it into Challenge #3 - Use Monochromatic Pink - at the Card Concept.


The ampersand was cut out on my Sizzix Eclips; I can't remember which font I used but I tweaked it a bit anyway to make sure the cuts weren't too narrow. I backed this with a backing paper I made myself a while ago from a background stamp, inked with Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy. The "Always" was cut from the same paper on my Eclips. The letters were so small I lost the w for a while! The "forever" was written using a Stardust pen, again on my Eclips, as I'd just bought the pen holder & wanted to try it out.


I finished the card off with a tiny heart stamp inked with Memento Rhubarb Stalk. I had intended to mount the finished piece onto a piece of red card but messed up the cutting & had no more red card - hence the two corner pieces instead.

Finished card size: 15cm x 10.5cm
Cardstock: AnnaMarie Designs
Stamps: Darkroom Door DDBS003 Floral
Inks: Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy, Memento Rhubarb Stalk



4 comments:

  1. Well I can see I'm going to have to check out this Eclips - sounds like an amazing machine! This is very pretty and romantic and would qualify at the Card Concept, too (monochrome pink!) Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design, way to use your die cut machine. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design and the little hearts are the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love how you cut out the large ampersand!! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.