Tuesday 11 February 2014

LIM - One Layer week 158

The challenge over at Less is More this week is One Layer, and for once I've got myself organised in enough time to take part! This card is for a French friend whose birthday falls this week, and although she isn't from Paris I know she loves it there so it seemed fitting to try out my recent purchase of some Stampin' Up! stamps with a French theme.


This was my third attempt! The greeting was stamped using individual letter stamps, and my first attempt saw me mis-spelling "Bon" - you'd never guess I got a B in A-level French, would you? My excuse is the number of years since I took it . . . . 

There was lots of masking and inking using my new Hero Arts Blackboard shadow inks which arrived yesterday, before sponging some Distress Spun Sugar over the ticket. Voila!

Cardstock: Anna Marie Designs
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Artistic Etchings, 
Crafty Individuals CI-128, 
Kirsty Wiseman for Personal Impressions Alpha Script PICSA6276
Inks: Hero Arts Shadow Inks: Black, Charcoal, Soft Granite
Distress Inks Spun Sugar




3 comments:

  1. beautiful card, it was worth all te work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous one layer card! I think when you concentrate really hard on the stamping or colouring is when spelling mistakes happen. At least that's what I find when I do calligraphy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super Helen!
    Oh la la!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.