Sunday 30 March 2014

Mother's Day Watercolour


I've seen a number of cards which use white ink for stamping the image, and I decided to try this on kraft card using Inktense pencils as my colouring medium. The ink I used was Hero Arts Unicorn which is the best white ink I've come across & is supposed to be fast drying - not on kraft, it isn't!! This turned out to be a happy accident because after leaving my first stamped image for a day to dry, I found that my watercolouring skills weren't good enough for the more detailed parts of the image, and I kept going over the lines. So I re-stamped & embossed it with clear fine detail powder to make the watercolouring easier.


The colour is Inktense Fuchsia & I returned to the image numerous times to tweak it until I was happy with the result. The greeting is by Clearly Besotted, stamped with Brilliance in Pearlescent Orchid, and the "raindrops" are Viva Decor Glass Effect Gel which I'd dropped onto a craft sheet & left to dry. Another happy accident is that although the overall card design just fell into place, it also happens to be the same as the sketch challenge running this week over at Splitcoaststampers so I'm going to enter it there.

Stamps: Hero Arts Delicate Blossoms CL449, Clearly Besotted Many Messages
Cardstock: Docrafts Kraft, Coredinations Fuchsia Fizz
Ink: Hero Arts Unicorn, Memento Brilliance in Pearlescent Orchid
Derwent Inktense pencil in Fuchsia
Viva Decor Glass Effect Gel "raindrops"
Meiflower Heart
Ribbon from stash


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.