Tuesday 27 January 2015

Snippets & Sparkle

I loved the simple sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch this week but I also wanted to go over & join the fun in the Snippet Playground. With this card I've managed to do both, and as it's a birthday card I'll enter it into the challenge over at CASology, too, where the cue card is "Birthday".


The snippet of paper has been in my stash for ages, I'm not sure of the maker. You can't see it in the photo but I added a touch of Wink of Stella sparkle to some of the stripes. The chipboard flowers have also been in my stash for years; I painted them with a couple of coats of gesso then once that had dried, coloured them with Mulberry Promarker. I found some Crackle Accents and decided to see what that looked like, so here's a close-up:


To be honest the flowers didn't turn out as I'd imagined at all but I really quite like them - I think they look a bit weird in the photo but trust me, they look much better in real life!

The greeting by Clearly Besotted was stamped in Memento Lulu Lavender, and the Happy Birthday was given the Wink of Stella treatment, too.

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love the shades of pink. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen - this is gorgeous! I think the flowers worked out brilliantly and are a lovely addition to that luscious paper you used.

    Thank you for coming to play with us in the Snippets Playground!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, pretty! Love the crackly flowers and the use of the stripes. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love those stripes! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bold bright colors of this card. Great bold strips too. Fun card and great use of snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this just adorable? I love your flower embellishments and your layout Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen,
    welcome to the snippets playground, with this very lovely and colourful snippets creation.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from Snippets Playground to say Hi.

    I love this CAS card and how you did the flowers.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.