Sunday 30 September 2012

Inspired by Craft Stamper


This card, for my sister-in-law, was inspired by a magazine article. It didn't quite go according to plan because it was supposed to be a one-layer card, similar to the one by Chrissie Stokes on page 22 of the July 2012 issue of Craft Stamper. I can't believe I've never found Chrissie's blog before but I'll be a regular visitor from now on!


Anyway, back to the card.  I stamped the flourishes & butterflies with Versamark & embossed them with Cosmic Shimmer white embossing powder.  Then I used ink dusters to brush on Adirondack Denim & Lettuce inks, then stamped more butterflies in the same colours.  The mistake I made was in using low tack masking tape to mask off the area I wanted to stamp; it wasn't low tack enough & took off some of the top layer of the card.  Also some of the ink seeped under the tape and resulted in blurry edges. I didn't want to waste it so I trimmed & mounted it on a new card blank.  A few flat backed pearls, a stamped greeting, and it was done.




Stamps: Inkadinkado & Imagination Crafts

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.