Thursday 17 January 2013

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, mostly because I never stick to them.  This year will be different.  I have made only one resolution - to spend less time thinking about making cards (and browsing the web for inspiration) and more time actually making them!  This will, I hope, force me to experiment a bit more, to use more of my stash & to be prepared to take the risk that something might not work.  I'm also hoping it will mean that I will be less last-minute with my card making, but maybe I'm expecting too much!

So here are this week's experiments, and I decided to use the new Sizzix stamps my husband bought me for Christmas.  The first two cards were inspired by Ali Reeve when I saw her demoing on Create & Craft a few days ago.  To make the inky backgrounds I made masks from copy paper & inked through them.  The butterflies were stamped & masked then coloured with a Lilac Promarker and the finished image was mounted onto dark purple cardstock.




Another inking & masking experiment.  The butterfly was "watercoloured" with a Sakura Silver Stardust pen.



Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus, Coredinations
Stamps: Sizzix, Imagination Crafts
Ink: Adirondack Cool Peri, Memento Tuxedo Black

I can't remember where the inspiration for the third card came from.  The ink sponging didn't turn out quite the way I planned but I decided that it wasn't a completely unsuccessful experiment & it would do just fine.  The image & greeting are on a strip of card which was embossed across the top & bottom, but unfortunately the photo doesn't show the embossing detail.   I used a strip of card left over from another card & it cunningly hides an earlier failed experiment to sponge directly onto the card!


Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus, Coredinations
Stamps: Sizzix, Papermania Lucy Cromwell range
Ink: Adirondack Cool Peri & Eggplant, Distress Spun Sugar, Memento Tuxedo Black








1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.