Friday 28 June 2013

Parchment Poppies


My mojo finally seems to be returning from the wilderness! I needed a card for a birthday next week and was determined - for once - to avoid my usual last minute rush.  I love the Sketchy Flowers set from Digistamp Boutique but rather than simply printing & colouring one of the images, I decided to print it, trace it in white pencil onto parchment then emboss it from the back.  I coloured it from the back with Duck Egg Promarker & Derwent Jade Green watercolour pencil, to match the backing paper.  


I felt the main image needed mounting onto white card but I struggled to securely attach it.  In the end I used double sided adhesive sheets then ran the lot through my Cuttlebug. The ribbon was also coloured with Duck Egg Promarker and the greeting was stamped onto parchment & white card to match because plain white card didn't look right..


Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus 300gsm
Coloured cardstock: Coredinations Tim Holtz Distress Collection in Tumbled Glass
Main image: Digistamp Boutique
Greeting stamp: Lucy Cromwell Bunting Stamps
Backing paper: The Works







   

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Helen! That is so pretty - my favourite colour too. I never thought of using a digi image like that. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What a great idea... I know this one's from June, but if you make any DSB creations this month make sure you enter them over on the DSB blog, I'm sure Sally-Ann would love to see them :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa
      Yes, I will, thanks - I did try to enter this one in June but couldn't find a link for it!
      Helen

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.