Saturday 20 July 2013

Bus-mad Dave's 50th Birthday Card

A friend of ours turned 50 yesterday - but we only found out last night that it was his birthday!  So this card was hastily put together this morning and given the short notice I decided to stick with a formula which I've used before, but this time with a little twist.


As Dave spends most of his spare time travelling on strange buses I knew exactly which image I wanted to use: it's from the Papermania Portobello Road range of stamps, bought months ago with him in mind. I stamped it onto an Inkylicious tag inked round the edges once with a light colour & then on the very edges with a dark brown. 


The backing paper was created by scouring the internet for a timetable for a number 50 bus & printing it in sepia tones onto linen finish paper.  I then brayered over the top with Distress Antique Linen & sponged in various brown inks through an Imagination Crafts mask.


The numbers came out darker than I planned.  They started out as plain chipboard, coloured with Memento Rich Cocoa & double embossed with clear UTEE.  To try to balance out the dark numbers I inked the parcel twine I used on the tag with some more Rich Cocoa.

Stamps: Papermania Portobello Road
Cardstock: Papermania Kraft
Tag: Inkylicious
Linen paper: Paperchase Linen Embossed White 100gsm
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch, Peanut Brittle, Distress Antique Linen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.