Tuesday 23 July 2013

Handmade Lilies

The theme for this week's challenge over at Less is More is handmade flowers - almost a challenge too far for me! I spent most of Saturday evening trying - and failing - to make roses with hearts cut out of antique ribbon. Then I remembered quilling & dug out my supplies.


I handcut the lily shapes, coloured them with Promarkers & shaped them round the scissors. I folded the quilling strips lengthways to make the stems but decided they looked a bit untidy so made the "vase" out of a scrap of paper.
I decided a simple finish was best although it looked much too cheerful to be the sympathy card I'd intended it to be at the outset, so it became a birthday card for my husband's aunt who turns 85 soon. As she's almost blind I thought she'd appreciate the 3D effect.
Cardstock: The Range Linen 300gsm
Backing paper: Papermania
Stamp: Imagination Crafts


6 comments:

  1. your creations sound a bit like mine, the idea that you start with ends up with something completely different. In your case...a lovely card that I am sure will be very much appreciated by the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Helen, the flowers and the vase are stunning.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bardzo, bardzo pomysłowe. Mnie się podoba. Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the lilies and the vase, wonderful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.