Wednesday 27 February 2013

Caught in Crystal technique

Another new technique for me, again involving the use of household items, and great fun to do!  I saw this on the blog of another of my favourite crafters, Sue Wilson.  Her tutorial is here but I didn't quite follow it exactly because I'd learned elsewhere that, rather than buying Crystal Lacquer, you could use Johnson's Klear Floor Polish, which I just happened to have handy.  Well, gathering dust in my utility room, to be exact;-)  

I've seen other crafters' comments that floor polish isn't as good as Crystal Lacquer but it looks pretty darned good to me!  Apart from the floor polish I stayed faithful to the tutorial, using Tim Holtz alcohol inks & Perfect Pearls. I loved the finished effect so much I didn't want to stamp onto the front of the acrylic, preferring to turn it into a simple triptych 

If you've never tried this technique, why not give it a go?





Finished card size: A6
Panel sizes: centre 9.5cm x 4cm, two outer panels 8.5cm x 4cm
Base Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus 300gsm
Blue cardstock: from stash
Inks: Adirondack Sailboat Blue, Latte, Meadow
Perfect Pearls: Perfect Bronze, Perfect Gold
Greeting stamp: Craft UK
 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.